This is a list of groups and organisations that are part of the health and well-being ecosystem.
International groups & organisations
- The Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis A research centre of the Office of the Vice Provost for Research at Indiana University Bloomington
- ReThink Health: Managing the Health Commons. Based on E.Ostroms principles. Health is a particularly complex commons, encompassing several types of resources and many kinds of goods and services. Certainly, the health commons encompasses shared resources that include: Health care facilities and physical capital such as emergency rooms, hospitals, clinics, testing facilities, advanced technology. Financial resources such as publicly funded programs, private employers, insurance companies, social service support. Human capital such as health care professionals and health-conscious citizens. Social capital such as trust among health professionals, community leaders, and citizens
- Peer to Peer Foundation The P2P Foundation is an international organization focused on studying, researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices in a very broad sense.
- Economics and the Commons Conference (ECC 2013)
- David Bollier
- Global Commons Trust
- On the Commons Treating Healthcare as Commons : Two physicians explain how the commons could be used to improve medical care.
- It takes a village to stay healthy. Three examples of living centres that model how healthy living conditions and strong community cohesion foster healthy neighborhoods, while inequality, discrimination, crime, pollution, traffic, isolation, and a sense of powerlessness contribute to disease.
- Integral Health & Medicine Center
- Integral health and medicine Center. Transforming the way we heal
- Teleosis Institute
- Elliot S. Dacher M.D.
Transforming the Culture of Healthcare
- Sick doctors and the General Medical Council A very important report with implications far wider than the treatment of individual doctors by the GMC. It is the interests of patients that doctors caring for them are cared for themselves. Added to evidence about just culture, patient safety, kindness in healthcare and doctor-patient relationships – this should prompt a significant cultural shift towards much more compassionate relationships between institutions, professionals and patients which will benefit us all.
- Commons Health Network Commons Health in the US works to support and strengthen those systems which promote individual, community, and ecological health while embracing the recognition that ultimately, health is local. The community reinforcement loop is explained here.
- Society for Participatory Medicine Participatory Medicine is a model of cooperative health care that seeks to achieve active involvement by patients, professionals, caregivers, and others across the continuum of care on all issues related to an individual's health. Participatory medicine is an ethical approach to care that also holds promise to improve outcomes, reduce medical errors, increase patient satisfaction and improve the cost of care.
- Reinventing the Health Care System from Within: The Case of a Regional Physician Network in Germany by Otto Scharmer
- International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War IPPNW is a non-partisan federation of national medical groups in 62 countries, representing tens of thousands of doctors, medical students, other health workers, and concerned citizens who share the common goal of creating a more peaceful and secure world freed from the threat of nuclear annihilation.
- Medact: Health professionals for a safer, fairer & better world
- Cancer Commons Cancer Commons is leading a community-wide movement to bring together stories shared by patients, case reports shared by doctors, and records shared by healthcare and research institutions.
There is no content in this group.